- Single feed - saves bookseller having to collect German title data from a variety of sources
- Delivery of new and backlist raw title data for integration into bookseller’s own system in ONIX format or in a variety of CSV formats
- Service includes all new titles published by German academic and professional publishers with constant updating of pricing, availability etc.
- Subject classification according to thema, BIC, and NEWBOOKS in-house classification system
- Enrichment of title data with additional texts from the publisher’s websites, table of contents and book covers etc.
- Delivery of data with Dewey or LCC classifications within MARC 21 records for each title.
NEWBOOKS Services is specialized in supplying booksellers and information providers with complete and enriched metadata from all publishers in the German-speaking world, in order to provide them with accurate and comprehensive title information to use in their websites, sales and marketing activities etc.
The way this works is that we regularly receive bibliographic metadata from German, Austrian and Swiss publishers and this data is then manually processed, enriched and classified by our NEWBOOKS editorial team, before being supplied to our partner booksellers. Our customers include many of the leading specialist booksellers and library suppliers in Germany, Europe, and ROW. Booksellers either receive consolidated title metadata for all titles published in the German-speaking world or can choose to receive data for titles in selected subject areas.
As a bookseller, you would have all of your German title data covered by a single feed rather than having to collect it from a range of sources. Not only could this save you considerable time and effort but it would also mean that you have both better and more timely data to pass onto your customers than any of your competitors in the market. Each title is precisely classified according to BIC, thema and NEWBOOKS own in-house classification system and the data is enriched with additional texts from the publisher’s websites, table of contents and book covers etc. We can also deliver the data with Dewey or LCC classifications within MARC 21 records for each title. The service includes both front and backlist titles with constant updating of pricing, availability etc.
There are 2 options in providing your customers with title data from the NEWBOOKS database:
- Catalogue Raw Data: We provide you with the raw title data in ONIX or CSV via FTP for you to use in your own system. In this case, we’d need to know from what publication date you would like to receive data or if it is sufficient to start with data for titles published in 2016.
- New Title Alerts - Managed Service: We provide your customers with fully automatic or individually tailored new title alerts containing relevant bibliographic metadata, which would be seamlessly integrated into your website and would feature your own corporate design. The service could be set up so that you only receive data on titles of specific subject areas such as law, medicine or history. Your customers would register to receive title alerts from you on your website.
German Online Databases
- Editorially maintained and validated metadata for online databases
- Data supply as XML data feed
- Daily collection of incremental updates
- Maximum flexibility for your time and cost savings
With another raw data supply service, you receive editorially maintained and validated product data for online databases along with all the necessary incremental updates on a daily basis. Hence you benefit from the timely and complete enrichment of the bibliographic metadata as well as the maximum flexibility to further process the metadata seamlessly across various platforms such as your own catalogs, e-commerce website, and other online marketing services or your ERP system.